Suzdal has appeared on pages of Russian annals in 1024 and has defined(determined) the whole period in development of Russian national statehood and culture.
In XI century Suzdal - large city in northeast of powerful Kiev power, in the middle of XI century Suzdal reaches(achieves) the highest blossoming: it(he) becomes capital of the Ростово-Suzdal princedom, large shopping center-craft.
It was in days of reigning son Vladimir Monomakha Jury Dolgorukogo who has become(begun) by the first independent Suzdal prince. In 1152 in a country princely residence in village Kideksha on coast Nerli, under Jury Dolgorukogo's decree Boris and Gleb's which have begun whitestone architecture in northeast of Russia the church has been constructed.
At son Jury Dolgorukogo Andrey Bogolyubsky the capital of a princedom has been transferred(carried) in Vladimir. Tragical events of mongolo-tatar invasion put(render) to economy and culture of edge(territory) a heavy loss, Suzdal has been burnt and plundered, the significant part of the population of city has been withdrawn in a captivity.
After several unsuccessful attempts in XIVв. to take back to itself former value and political independence Suzdal to XVв. Is a part of the Moscow princedom. Having lost a role of the political center, during all Middle Ages the city remains the appreciable religious, craft and cultural center of Russia.
XVI-XVII centuries - the period of intensive construction in Suzdal. At this time nowadays existing ensembles are formed all, best of which are ensembles of the ancient Kremlin, Покровского and Спасо-Евфимиева monasteries.
In XVIII century in Suzdal active construction приходских churches on посаде is conducted. To the beginning of XIX century the city ensemble of Suzdal develops finally.
At Suzdal - the countries happy and appreciable in history destiny. Though during centuries not time destroyed city, it(he) suffered from fires and epidemics, but again and again restored a life. There was in Russia no large historical event in which Suzdal or its(his) citizens would not participate. Jury Dolgoruky, Alexander Nevsky, Alexander Suvorov, Dmitry Pozharsky, Dmitry Vinogradov - these(it) and names familiar to all Russians are connected by many other things with the ancient Suzdal ground.
And though in XVIII-XIXвв. Suzdal has turned to an ordinary country town, in 70-s' years XXв. It(he) has found new breath, but already as the large center of tourism. The name of Suzdal "city-museum" became habitual. And for the first time there was it in 1923 when after inspection of Suzdal the provincial commission on affairs of protection of monuments of art and olden time has come to conclusion, that « ... All Suzdal is a greater(big) museum, and preservation of its(his) all monuments in inviolability is dictated by interests of a science and art ».
On an abundance of monuments, on safety of the initial shape Suzdal does not know to itself equal. Nowadays here on the area 9 кв.км. It is kept over 200 monuments of cult and civil architecture XII-XIXвв. Having remained in borders of XVIII century, Suzdal could keep ancient topography, inexpressible colour of ancient Russian city, surprising harmony of old russian architecture and an environment.
Now Suzdal the-large tourist center involving numerous Russian and foreign tourists. For preservation of a cultural heritage and development of tourism Suzdal has noted been by an award « the Sign on Honour » in 1974, and in 1982 the international organization ФИЖЕТ has handed over to Suzdal the prize - « the Gold apple », in 1992 the main architectural ensembles of city — the Kremlin, Покровский and Спасо-Евфимиев monasteries, and also Boris and Gleb's church in Кидекше are entered into the List of the World Heritage of UNESCO.
In Suzdal there is all necessary for high-grade cognitive rest: interesting зкспозиции the Владимиро-Suzdal memorial estate, comfortable hotels, restaurants with Russian kitchen(cuisine), the magnificent Central Russian nature. Welcome to Suzdal!
The most ancient part of Suzdal — the Kremlin. The composite center of the Suzdal Kremlin is the cathedral of Christmas of the Virgin of XII century. Southern and western врата a cathedral, executed in technics(technical equipment) огневого gilding, are a unique monument of arts and crafts of ancient Russia.
Into ensemble of the Kremlin also enter Архиерейские chambers Xv-XvIivv. - the most ancient monument of civil architecture of Suzdal, a belltower (1б35г.), known for hours-chiming clock.
In 1967 from village Glotovo of the next ?OyNo-Polish area it has been brought and established(installed) in the Kremlin court yard wooden Никольская church (1776).
Now in premises(rooms) of the Kremlin expositions of the Владимиро-Suzdal memorial estate, and on a ground floor архиерейских chambers — restaurant of Russian kitchen(cuisine) « Трапезная « are placed.
To the West from the Kremlin, on opposite I protect the rivers Kamenki, there is a Museum of wooden architecture and a country life. Here, on a place ancient not kept Дмитриевского a monastery, the most interesting wooden constructions XVIII-XIXвв have been taken. From villages of the Vladimir area. So there was a museum open-air - "village" with Preobrazhenskiy and Воскресенской церквами, country log huts, economic constructions-barns, drying houses, a well, windmills.
In 1352 the суздальско-Nizhniy Novgorod prince Boris Konstantinovich has based(founded,established) Спасский a monastery named later Спасо-Евфимиевым in honour of the first hegumen of a monastery.
In XVI century wooden monastic constructions are replaced stone. Most ancient of them - a small temple above tomb Евфимия, become in 1564 приделом the ?»a?«-preobrazhenskiy cathedral constructed by a number(line).
In 1642 from an altar of a cathedral in the patrimonial tomb the national hero of Russia prince Dmitry Mikhajlovich Pozharsky has been buried.
On the cathedral area of a monastery the case of archimandrite (XVIIв.), a monastic belfry (XVI-XVIIвв.) on which concerts of peals are arranged settles down Успенская tent трапезная church (1525г.). To the east from a cathedral there are sick-lists покои with Никольской church (XVII century) and the two-storeyed brotherly private case (XVII-XIXвв.). The territory of a monastery is limited by fortifications with 12 towers of XVII century. Now Спасо-Евфимиев the monastery is the largest museum ensemble of city.
The arms of Suzdal